Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The best part of my Fourth of July experience? Was it the lovely weather? The chance to be with family? The spectacular fireworks display by the river? No. It was the drunk man wandering around the hill yelling, "America! This is America!" Astute observation.

He wandered in front of people, looking for them to whoop in appreciation of his chant. When he got to the older generation, who just sort of stared at him, he got closer and said louder, "America! We are Americans!" still no response. "We can do anything if we put our minds to it!" I think at this point he received a polite nod, so he stumbled off.

I will say that he was not drunk enough to bother me or my mother, I'm guessing because he saw my dad and said, "oh he's a big fella!"

No comments:

Post a Comment