Monday, April 5, 2010

Tinker Bell

One of my favorite activities in life is harassing my mother. She and I have always been extremely close, and we have similar senses of humor. I'm actually a lot like her. And, after having five children - all of whom are just as, if not more, ornery as I – she's fairly unflappable. So, every now and then I have to up the ante. This is one of those times.

We're in Wal-Mart, my mom's least favorite store. And every time I said the name of something, she thought that meant I wanted to look at it, so she would stop and look at me. This resulted in me running into her on several occasions, until she finally said, "Stop saying things - it makes me think you want to look at them!"

This, naturally, made me do the opposite. I started calling out the names of pretty much everything we walked by. (Yes, I am 22 years old and on my own.) She stopped looking after about the third time. Finally, we got to the clothes section and there were these Disney t-shirts. So, I call out the first one that catches my eye and yell "Tinker Bell!"

Mom, without even turning around says, "Candy, knock it off or I'll Tink your Bell!"

After I recovered from laughing, I said, "Wow. That's the best threat ever."

Mom, again, without looking at me, "I'd be a little more concerned if I were you - you don't even know what it means."

I said,

I love my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment