Thursday, April 8, 2010

Indian time

Yesterday, we got a call about a fund raiser that a class of 8th graders from our community were doing a fundraiser with the local police department - basic premise, they "arrest" officers on made-up charges, and then officers have to pledge their ways out.

So, I go over to the department to take some photos. I got there 45 minutes after the event was supposed to have started, and nothing was happening (they run on Indian time out here...it's kinda like "island time," except more extreme.) The parent volunteer told me to meet them at another location in about 45 minutes, they'd be ready then. I gave them my number, told them to call when they were ready.

So, I wait. And wait. And wait. No one calls, so I call the location where they were supposed to be. JDC (the location) has no idea where the kids/officers are, wondered if I knew what time they were planning on coming? Nope.

About half an hour later, I get a call from this parent - to tell me they're not coming. Waste of an afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment