Sunday, September 26, 2010

'Two' much

I was in a parade. A homecoming parade, no less. We spent the whole morning "decorating" my coworker's pickup with streamers, papers, posters, and the stuff you use to write on windows. Then I got to sit in the back of said pickup and throw out papers and candy. Things that went wrong:

1. Bought all items the day of the event (enhancing stress level)
2. Yellow window-writing stuff exploded onto my clothing, permanently staining a shirt, my shoes, and one of my nicer pairs of jeans.
3. Printer quit working, so we could not print off the graphics we wanted to use for our posters.
4. Half the balloons fell off on the way over to line up for the parade.
5. Ran out of candy AND papers before we were even halfway through the parade, so I just got to smile and wave at the good people of Mission.

So that was fun. Then the boys lost (by a lot) their homecoming football game. THEN the next day, I got to go take pictures of another parade for 'Welcome Neighbor Day'.

The parade, which ran an hour late, only lasted about 5 minutes. The day ended with "Native Idol" which had 22 people sign up (only 12 of whom actually performed) and started about 2 hours late. Oh well. The weather has been gorgeous lately.

And, of course, have had three more hobo encounters in the last two days. One man came up to me and tried to sell me a flashlight so he could buy food. I gave him a box of poptarts instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment